Experience a festive ice skating experience on the largest open-air ice rink in the country. Hyde Park’s enchanting Victorian bandstand is the setting for this fan favorite attraction, where you can trade in your shoes for skates.
A Victorian bandstand and twinkling lights frame the ice skating rink, which is open daily from 10am to 10pm.
First dates, play dates, and best friends will enjoy this ice skating rink winter wonderland that’s open to all ages.
It is with great pleasure that we announce Lidl as our Ice Rink sponsor for the second straight year. No matter what the weather (except maybe snow! ), their award-winning Deluxe pigs in blankets will be available every day for just £3! Lidl’s charity partner Neighbourly will receive all proceeds.
Take a ride on the Lidl Lift! Before you arrive, download the Lidl Plus app, which gives you a great view of the site and ice rink from their heated undercover viewing platform!
Things Your Need to Know Before to Go Ice Skating Rink Winter Wonderland
- Please note that speed skates are not allowed and you must check whether your skates are suitable.
- A limited supply of skate sizes 14/15 are available, and are included in the ticket price. Skates are available in children’s sizes 9 and 13 (limited supply of adult sizes 14/15).
- The rink and skate facility offer ramps for wheelchair access, and wheelchairs may be used on the ice. On the Ice, wheelchairs with electric motors are allowed as long as they are turned off.
- It is necessary to check in all bags and large items at the cloakroom provided for a fee of £2 per item.
- The use of cameras on the ice is prohibited for safety reasons. If you would like a souvenir photo taken, we have a professional photographer on hand to do so.
- Don’t forget to wrap up warm and wear appropriate skating clothing!
- Penguin skate aids are available from the skate hire counter for $5 on a first-come, first-served basis. It is not possible to book skate aids in advance. The museum also has free children’s bob skates, which have twin blades and fit over a child’s shoes. If you wish to rent skate aids or bob skates, please contact any member of the Ice Rink staff.
- In addition to Victoria, Green Park, Hyde Park Corner and Knightsbridge, there are several stations within walking distance of the Ice Rink.
Time of Skating Sessions
The time slots for ice skating sessions are 10:00 a.m. to 21:00 p.m. There will be 50-minute sessions.
If you’ve booked a skate session, arrive 20 minutes early to get your skates on.
Ice Guide for Groups
Your ice rink winter wonderland skating group can be escorted by an Ice Guide, who is a trained ice skater. It is possible for your group to have an Ice Guide looking after 15 skaters throughout the entire skating session. Booking an ice guide online with your ticket costs £35 per hour.
If you don’t plan on sleeping through the first day of 2023, here’s our suggestion on what to do in London on New Year Day. 1 Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Catch this Christmas carnival one last time before it winds down on December 2.