The 75th season of the FIM Road Racing World Championship will feature the FIM MotoGP World Championship 2023.
Modifications to the team
- In the wake of a successful season with Yamaha, RNF Racing will switch to Aprilia.
- At the end of the 2022 season, Suzuki will withdraw from the MotoGP class.
- As part of the rebranding, Tech3 KTM Factory Racing will be known as GasGas Factory Racing. The team will continue to use Gas Gas-rebranded KTM bikes. Tech3 will remain the team’s owner and operator.
Changes made to the rider
- The KTM factory team will have Jack Miller replace Miguel Oliveira from the Ducati factory team. Oliveira will then join the RNF Aprilia MotoGP Team.
- A replacement for Enea Bastianini at Gresini Racing MotoGP is Lex Márquez, who will move to Ducati’s factory team to replace Jack Miller at LCR Honda.
- The now defunct Suzuki MotoGP team will be replaced by LCR Honda by Lex Rins.
- Espargaró will move from Honda’s factory team to GasGas Factory Racing, and will be replaced by Joan Mir from Suzuki’s now-defunct team.
- From Tech3 KTM Factory Racing, Rafael Fernández is moving to RNF Aprilia MotoGP Team.
- GasGas Factory Racing is rebranding as GasGas Factory Racing, and Remy Gardner will move to Superbike World Championship to replace him.
- Darryn Binder made his Moto2 debut after being unable to qualify for MotoGP.
Event Colander MotoGP World Championship 2023
The Buddh International Circuit in India and the Sokol International Racetrack in Kazakhstan will host their first World Championship motorcycle Grands Prix in 2023. It had been scheduled to debut in 2023, but due to unfinished circuit construction, the race was postponed until 2024.
There was an agreement for the Finnish Grand Prix to be held at Kymi Ring in 2023, but it was not included in the provisional schedule due to safety concerns
Related: Snooker Championship 2023