In celebration of the golden birthday, couples should renew their vows and reflect on the most memorable moments they’ve had over the past 50 years of their birthday or marriage birthday.
This post offers several tips and ideas for celebrating this very special day in style. Get inspired and follow now!
What is 50 Years Golden Birthday?
The wedding tradition began in small towns in Germany where, especially to celebrate 25 and 50 years of marriage, couples won silver and gold crowns. The term comes from the Latin words “vota” or “votum” and means promise. More often used in the plural, refer to the celebration of wedding anniversaries, each one representing another year that the individual or couple has spent together.
Each wedding is linked to a material, and it is believed that each year the couple overcomes more things and the relationship grows. Therefore, the materials that represent the couple’s time together are also becoming increasingly resistant and difficult to break, just like their relationship.
Gold is the material that represents the golden wedding, its richness, durability, and, of course, rigidity. Completing so many years together was definitely a challenge. This is why the golden birthday is usually a time when couples gather their families and renew their vows with an incredible party. On that day, they also usually exchange old rings for new ones of the same material.
Top 7 ideas to celebrate the golden birthday
Couples who want to celebrate differently, or children who want to surprise their parents, have countless other options. Take a look at:
- In order to immortalise the date, there is nothing better than taking a picture of the couple. You’ll hire a professional photographer to capture moments that relate to the couple’s history. There are many things you can do in a scenario, such as portraying the place where they met or the family they formed together, and telling how it all began. When well crafted, photos can convey all the love that binds a couple together forever.
- Travel: adventurous couples will love the idea of celebrating their golden birthday on the road. After all, discovering new places never gets old. There’s nothing stopping them from exchanging new rings during the trip, whether it’s a cruise or even a return trip to the place they spent their honeymoon. Have you ever imagined how beautiful it would be to do this by the sea?
- An intimate dinner can be a romantic and easy-to-prepare option, since not everyone enjoys parties. Serving the couple’s favorite foods and adding special decorations for the day is certainly a romantic and easy-to-prepare touch.
- For couples who do not want to give up doing everything as a family, I recommend a delicious breakfast or brunch next to everyone. It is sure to be a very happy and relaxing experience.
- It is possible for their children and grandchildren to surprise them if the couple does not wish or cannot celebrate this memorable moment. Even if it isn’t something majestic, the fact that the family remembers this very significant date will definitely be emotional for them. It is possible to plan a very special and unforgettable surprise party within the couple’s limitations and style.
- Religious celebration: a religious celebration makes the golden birthday even more significant for more traditional couples. Imagine how incredible it is to be able to relive the wedding moment once more? Families and friends that have conquered over the years choose the dress, the suit, the entrance to church, the vows, the rings… and all of this in the presence of the dress, the suit, the vows, the rings… Make sure the scarf is full of emotion!
- There are some things that can’t be overlooked when it comes to planning the perfect golden wedding event for couples who have chosen the traditional route.
Organizing a golden wedding
- Choose the location;
- Organize the guest list;
- Set a theme and color palette;
- Think about the decor;
- Photographers should be hired.
- Light and image planning;
- Maintain a close relationship with the musicians;
- Food should be chosen;
- Sweets should be prepared;
- Create party favors.
- It is impossible to get this wrong by following all these steps and taking into account the taste and personality of the lovebirds.
Here are Top party inspirations you won’t want to miss
What do you say if all of this doesn’t inspire you to host such an event? And to get you even more excited, here are some beautiful inspirations:
This event usually involves gold as the predominant color. How about using some photos to compose the decor and share the couple’s story with the guests?
Table with cakes and candy
As well as the sweets, the cake completes the decoration, so it must be delicious and beautiful.
There is a unique difference between golden birthday invitations and wedding invitations: the invitation can include children and grandchildren.
It is impossible to leave a party without taking a piece of it with you. Personalized sweets are popular and, apart from being beautiful, they are also pleasing to a wide range of tastes. When choosing each of these details, you can use the couple’s story as a starting point to make things even more personal.
To spread the love, here are best golden birthday messages
The wedding celebration does not involve everyone. You may want to take care of writing vows or making a more intimate tribute on your own, no matter how big or how small. The guests will also be encouraged to write something very special on the gift cards. Here are golden birthday messages to choose as inspiration:
- Golden birthday to us! Today, as I look at the sky, all I can think of is how lucky I am to have such an important person in my life as you.
- 50 years of marriage. 18,262 days, 438,288 hours, 26,277,280 minutes. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.
- A fifty-year celebration. A fifty-year celebration of laughter and hugs. A fifty-year celebration of loss and fear. A fifty-year celebration of togetherness.
- Ultimately, the intensity of the love that brought us together will be remembered more than our golden wedding birthday or the years spent together.
- The love you have for me, my dear, I can never forget. Happy golden birthday!
- Our lives are filled with wonderful memories, but time shows us what’s most worthwhile.
- It was with you that I made some of my most treasured memories, and I would like to remain close to you for the rest of my life. Love you, happy birthday to us!
- For 50 years you have made me the happiest person in the world, every day.
- Congratulations on 50 years. Put your foot down on the accelerator, because at 60 the diamond wedding birthday will come and at 80 the oak wedding birthday!
- We would like to congratulate them on completing 50 years together. An admirable brand that makes you believe that happiness can be contagious!
- 50 years of living together is something that deserves to be celebrated and admired by all. You are an example of love, friendship and fellowship. I wish you complete happiness and health always!
- It is my wish that the bonds that bind them today are as strong and as strong as they were 50 years ago.
- It only takes a few minutes to perform a wedding, but it takes half a century to perform a golden wedding. Congratulations!
- There’s nothing like waking up in the morning and looking at your better half. Especially when that love lasts for 50 years.
- With each passing year it becomes more evident that your union is based on true love.
- I wish that the ties that unite you today remain as strong and true as they were 50 years ago. Congratulations on the golden birthday!
- Nothing has changed between you. The love between you seems to have even grown.
- Congratulations to the couple on their 50th birthday. The years pass, they take away our youth, but they provide us with the permanence of love. We wish them great success for the next 50 years.
- We are celebrating 50 years since you said yes to each other every day. Here’s to many more!
- You are a true example of how real and possible love can be after 50 years. Congratulations and thank you for being an inspiration to us.
A golden wedding birthday symbolizes much more than the couple’s time together, but also how they have overcome and fought to stay together for 50 years. Additionally, it is a wonderful chance for all those people who have been part of this half century of love to come together with great emotion. Read More