Voice of London
Media Pack

Jaguar Land Rover Announced to Hire 300 Apprentices in 2023


In its transition to an electrified future, Jaguar Land Rover will hire around 300 apprentices in the UK in 2023.
Jaguar Land Rover expects to recruit over 800 people through its early careers programs in 2023, up 55% from last year and setting a new record. As part of Jaguar Land Rover’s early careers program, more than 300 apprenticeship positions will be open for application in January.

The program offers courses in autonomous driving, electrification, and manufacturing, as well as software engineering, data engineering, and logistics. Successful applicants enroll in courses across these fields. Among the flagship apprenticeship programs are those in Software Engineering, Data Engineering and Analytics, or Cyber Security for students pursuing careers in these fields. Jaguar Land Rover offers apprenticeships ranging from Level 3 to Level 7. Applicants must have five GCSEs at Level 5 or above, as well as two A-levels, including Mathematics.

Around 1,200 apprentices are currently training across the Jaguar Land Rover Academy, making Jaguar Land Rover one of the largest apprenticeship programs in the UK automotive industry. A lot of time and money is spent on lifelong learning and development by the company through its academy. Among England’s leading apprenticeship employers, the company ranks in the

Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers 2022

In September, the company launched a global upskilling program called the Future Skills Programme. This program aims to train 29,000 people over the next three years to support its connected and data capabilities.
As part of Jaguar Land Rover’s Reimagine strategy, the company plans to make all modern luxury cars pure electric by the end of the decade. This is according to the hiring drive.

Jaguar Land Rover offers apprenticeships in a variety of streams. .

Human Resources Executive Director Dave Williams said:

It’s a great feeling to be recognized as one of the top employers for apprentices for our support of early careers. Any employee who joins Jaguar Land Rover will have a wide range of opportunities for training and development throughout their career. Creating modern luxury is our vision. The successful transformation of this organization requires passionate people.”

The following was added by Parris Small, an apprentice in Software Engineering:

Taking part in an apprenticeship has given me a lot of responsibility and I love the opportunities it offers. Aside from being extremely rewarding, it’s also extremely challenging. Being 80% of the time employed by Jaguar Land Rover’s Electric Vehicle Charging team means that the work I do directly contributes to the company’s carbon net zero target of 2039 – while I am still studying for my degree for the remaining 20%.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *