Almonds offer the maximum benefits, and you can soak them overnight to make them easier to digest and increase their nutrient absorption. It is recommended that you eat a handful (1/4 to 1/2 cup) of almonds every day as part of your balanced diet to reap the benefits. You can also include almonds in your meals, such as adding them to oatmeal, yoghurt, or salads, or enjoy them as a snack. If you are wondering how to eat almonds to get maximum benefits, here is the answer. Keep in mind that almonds benefits are high in calories, so you should not over-consume them.
Benefits of almonds with milk
When we were teenagers, elders advised us to eat almonds and milk. Even though some of us hated it, we all knew it was extremely healthy. Almonds and milk have their own benefits. As well as providing a comforting and warming experience, these two nutrients are also packed with health benefits. Milk is a great source of calcium, vitamins, and minerals, while almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein, and fibre. The almonds with milk not only help us satisfy our nutritional needs, but also repair any external issues such as skin problems. In winter, when our immune systems are already weakened, almonds benefits with milk are very important. (Also read: Surprising health benefits of eating a handful of almonds every day )
A dietitian and founder of Balanced bites by Gauri, Gauri Anand, discusses the five health benefits of drinking almond milk during winter in an interview with HT Lifestyle.
Almond Milk with Water
Several health benefits can be achieved by consuming almond milk. Some of these benefits include:
- Almond milk is low in calories and can help with weight loss.
- Almond milk is a good source of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin E, calcium, and potassium.
- For people with lactose intolerance, almond milk is a good lactose-free alternative.
- A good source of unsaturated fats, almond milk can improve the health of your heart.
- Due to its low glycemic index, almond milk may help regulate blood sugar levels.
The health benefits of almond milk may be countered, however, by some store-bought varieties that contain added sugars, artificial flavors, and other ingredients.
Here are the top 5 advantages of almonds
Enhances the nutritional profile of the body
With just one ounce of almond milk, you can boost your nutritional profile. You can also go for almond milk if you are vegan or have a lesser tolerance for dairy.
Vitamin E content is increased
Almond milk can help you avoid vitamin E deficiency. Drinking almond milk daily can increase the amount of vitamin E in your body, which will result in healthier skin and hair.
3. Boost bone health
Milk is rich in calcium which is essential for good bone health. Consuming ready-to-use almond milk can improve or maintain your bone health. Producers usually enrich almond milk with calcium, making it an excellent source of nutrients.
4. Can be taken as a low-calorie snack
One cup of almond milk only has 39 calories and gives you a feeling of satiety. It can be a very good option if you want a healthy, low-calorie snack to lose weight. Almond milk is known to be helpful in weight management as well.
5. Improves digestion and increases the absorption of nutrients
Let us tell you that eating a handful of almonds with milk or drinking ready-to-use almond milk can keep your gastrointestinal tract moving and prevent constipation. This means it can drastically improve your digestion system and increase the absorption of nutrients in your body.
Can I take Almonds with Milk Powder?
Yes, you can take almond milk powder. Almond milk powder is a dried form of almond milk that can be reconstituted with water or other liquids. This can be a convenient way to enjoy almond milk on-the-go, or in situations where access to fresh almond milk is not available. To make almond milk from the powder, simply follow the instructions on the package and mix the powder with the recommended amount of water or other liquid. Keep in mind that the nutritional content and taste of almond milk made from powder may differ from fresh almond milk, depending on the brand and ingredients used.
Almond milk chocolate
Almond milk chocolate is typically made with a combination of cocoa solids, cocoa butter, sugar, and almond milk or almond milk powder. The ingredients are melted and blended together to create a creamy, dairy-free chocolate that has a mild almond flavor. Based on the brand and type of chocolate, the exact ingredients and ratios may vary. To enhance flavor, texture, and shelf life, some almond milk chocolates may also contain vanilla, salt, or emulsifiers. When someone is lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy, and still wants the taste of chocolate, almond milk chocolate is a good alternative.
Benefits of Almond with Protein
When consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet, almonds are a good source of protein and offer several health benefits.
- It is believed that almonds can help increase feelings of fullness and reduce overall calorie intake as they are high in fiber and protein.
- In order to repair and build muscle tissue, protein is essential, and almonds can be a convenient source of protein to support these processes.
- Protein, fiber, and healthy fats in almonds promote feelings of fullness and reduce overall calorie intake, which can help with weight management.
- Reduces bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease due to almonds’ high monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat content.
- The fiber in almonds supports digestive health and reduces constipation risk.
Even though almonds are a good source of protein, they should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet, since they are high in calories as well. It’s also important to check the label to see the protein content of almond-based products, such as almond milk.
Does taking milk with coffee have any benefits?
Drinking milk with coffee has several potential benefits, including:
- A smoother, creamier taste can be achieved by adding milk to coffee to balance its bitter taste.
- Milk is a good source of calcium, vitamin D, and other essential nutrients.
- Milk can help neutralize the acidity in coffee and reduce the risk of heartburn and other digestive issues.
- Caffeine and calcium in milk can reduce the risk of coffee jitters due to the combination of caffeine and calcium.
- The addition of milk to coffee can increase the fluid content of the drink and improve hydration.
As a matter of fact, milk with coffee has different benefits based on the type and amount of milk used. For various reasons, including lactose intolerance or dietary restrictions, people may choose non-dairy milk alternatives, such as almond milk or oat milk. It’s important to choose the milk alternative that fits your individual needs and preferences based on its fat content, calorie count, and nutrient profile.
Almonds with Cereals
Depending on the type and amount of cereal used, as well as the type and amount of almonds used, almonds benefits with cereal may have different health benefits. To maximize the health benefits, choose whole grain cereal with added nuts and berries, and limit the amount of added sugars. Also, fresh almonds have a high calorie content, so it’s important to consume them in moderation.
We hope this article helped you understand the benefits of having almonds with milk in winter. Almonds are rich in important nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E and more. At the same time, milk provides calcium which is essential for your bones. If you are facing any problem like skin or hair damage, almonds with milk are a must-try.